The 420E from Zim Sailing sets a new standard in enclosed deck technology for high school and college sailing. The airtight foredeck has taken weight out of the bow, increasing performance and safety, without sacrificing the durability Zim Sailing's boats are known for. Institutions such as high schools, colleges, and community sailing programs, demand a unique combination of performance and toughness, and the 420E delivers.
Hull and Deck
- All thru deck mounted hardware is supported by tapped aluminum backing plates glassed to the inside of the boat which eliminate inspection ports.
- Enclosed foredeck so water does not flow to the bow which will increase safety and provide greater performance.
- Forestay chain plate, extruded aluminum with three ¼” fasteners thru bolted into an aluminum backing plate which add durability and strength to the boat.
- Shroud chain plate is a forged eye strap supported with an aluminum back-up bar under the rail for additional durability.
- Jib leads have been moved 4 inches inboard to eliminate inboard sheeting and promote a higher pointing angle.
- All flanges and hull to deck joints are bonded with Plexus methyl methacrylate structural adhesive to eliminate leaks and hull/deck separation. This is the strongest bonding agent on the market and Zim is the only company to use this to bond their boats.
- Keelson rib is solid and laminated to the aft end of the centerboard trunk to strengthen the hull when loaded with water and pulled onto the dock which will prevent the boat from buckling which cause stress cracks on the hull.
- Keelson rib height has been increased to provide the perfect platform for skippers to step across the boat for perfect maneuvers.
- Elastomeric urethane bow bumpers are the industry standard for increased durability.
- One-piece high density urethane gasket retainer with cloth gaskets to increased durability and allow for easy maintenance.
- Reinforced mast partner
- Harken 75mm carbo mainsheet blocks and jib sheet cleats will provide increased reliability.
- Heavy Duty transom pintles are the longest lasting pintles on the market and the rudder retainer clip has a plastic tip to eliminate pinching fingers. The rudder comes with a lanyard to secure it to the boat.
- Tennis ball transom bailer is connected to an eye strap on the keelson for easy closure.
- 6:1 Harken vang system which allows for easy adjustment.
- Horn cleat for the aft hiking strap will provide easy adjustment between sets.
- Jib tack quick pin with lanyard to eliminate pins being dropped in water.
- Heavy duty webbing hiking straps for greater longevity.
- FJ rudder promotes less drag and while providing more pointing.
- Dwyer mast.
- Selden boom with drilled and tapped screws to prevent block movement
- External outhaul.
- Selden boom gooseneck spigot is permanently attached to the boom
Base Boat Includes
- Zim Platinum sails with team race graphics and program logo up to 1sq meter and 3 colors
- Dwyer mast and Selden boom
- Bow bumper
- Recessed gasket
- Tennis ball bailer – Double
- Vinyl bow number
- Filled stern rails
- Lanyard to attached drain plugs
- Marlow line package
*Boat price doesn't include freight from Zim Sailing to Customer