PRO OPTIMIST by FIGHTER
Join the Fighter Team at Zim Sailing!
Zim Sailing is proud to partner with Fighter as the North American distributer. Our team visited over a dozen factories around the globe from ’21 and ’22 and found that the craftmanship and hands on attention to every detail by Sławomir Baranowski was second to none. Baranowski has been a world-renowned boat builder constructing top quality dinghies since 2002.
Each of his Optimist models (Blue Blue, then Blue Magic and the last Blue2) have won prime regattas and titles to include National Championships, Continental Championships along with team and individual World Championships.
Since their launch, Fighter Optimists have successfully won many events in Europe, and have become the boat of choice for the Polish National Team.
- 2nd - 2022 Team Racing Worlds
- 1st – 2023 European Championships
- 2nd, 6th, 8th 2023 US Nationals
- 7th 2023 NJ State Championships
- 3rd 2023 NE Championships
Benefits of purchasing a Fighter Opti and joining the fighter team!
- 50% off published opti charter fee for the life of the sailor the Fighter was purchased for.
- Discount is NOT transferable to siblings or future owners.
- Discount applies to spar and foil package.
- Example – if the complete charter is $600 the Fighter customer will pay $300.
- All Zim Sailing charters are reserved online and on a first come first served basis.
- Ownership of a Fighter does not automatically reserve a Fighter Opti for your athlete.
- Zim Sailing does not attend 100% of Optimist regattas.
- Regattas that Zim will attend are listed on our charter website approximately 6 months, or as soon as possible, prior to the event.
- This program ONLY applies to the Fighter Optimist and does NOT apply to other boats that Zim Sailing Charters.
- This program is not available for boats purchased through the Zim Sailing Dealer Network.
- Zim Sailing reserves the right to change or terminate this program for new purchases at any time.
INCLUDED w/ PURCHASE:
- Fighter Hull
- IODA measurement form
- World Sailing plaque
- Sharpened edges + corners
- Laser-aligned foils
- Optiparts deck collar
- Optiparts mast step
- 48L airbags
- Rubber daggerboard inserts
- Unique nonskid for easy bailing
- Spliced 4:1 Harken mainsheet system from West Coast Sailing
- Tapered mainsheet
- Swivel post for aft mainsheet block
- Soft-attach forward mainsheet block for easy maintenance
- 2x hand bailer
- Fighter Foils (Medium or Flex)
- Optimax or BlackGold spars
- Your choice of sail (J Sail or One Sails)